Defining leadership characteristics is not straightforward.
This is because each leader has higher own characteristics. Nevertheless, there are some common features needed for an exemplary leader.
A typical leader should know how to impact their team members to work harder and given to achieve the overall organizational goals. A leader may be either endeavor people oriented or oriented. The task-oriented leader will likely be interested in training, operation as well as in winning. Whereas folks oriented leader will concentrate more on an interpersonal relationship.
A leader must possess the features which he / she wants to integrate into his her team. As he / she is the role model for the followers, their move will be keenly watched by other people. So a leader must be mindful in doing things.
Leaders aren’t born, and they are created by hard work. Hence, brains and challenging work would be the leadership characteristics that are important. A leader must take decisions after analyzing every part of the situation and each and should have the ability to work with common sense in accomplishing complex tasks. He should also understand how exactly to pick an appropriate strategy to tackle the scenario. Adaptability to various scenarios and willingness to accept changes are crucial to leadership.
A good leader should have the ability to move his her team associates to get success.
In accomplishing a task, he should create task excitement and self-confidence. He should be readily approachable to his subordinates. A great leader is one who is a master in the craft of communication. Heshe must be ready to listen to the words of his her team members. Two-way communications is, therefore, crucial in leadership.
A leader has to have the capacity to push on the entire effort of his team members. He must give the team members chances to show their skills. A great leader should inspire his team individuals to work with the chances correctly.
Providing an open and trusting environment to the team members is one of the critical direction features. He should offer an environment where they can learn and grow. A superb leader will have the strong awareness of eyesight.
Aside from the above characteristics mentioned, a good leader should possess these features:
1. Self-esteem; Self-esteem is a significant quality of a leader which will face demanding challenges.
2. Should attain; a leader has to be target oriented and should be able to strive hard to attain the goals. Heshe should be ready to take risks. A great leader is one who takes not and average threats extreme threats.
3. Screening for the chance; a leader must be able to screen the chances useless and useful. He should also be able to comprehend any little chance missed by the challengers.
4. Optimism; a great leader has to be an optimist. He must have the ability to see problems. A fantastic leader will always view an obstacle as a way to a new direction.
5. Guts; an excellent leader is one who has guts to face challenges. He should have the ability to make changes also to accept changes.